Already at the beginning of 2021 Mr. Prof. Dr.-Ing. approached cideon engineering in search of a competent partner to support the further development of a passenger transportation system. Initially, a reengineering is being carried out on the basis of the Dortmund H-Bahn with the aim of further developing the transport system ready for series production.
The customer EPN Skytrain relies in particular on the extensive experience of cideon engineering – especially on the expert knowledge across the specialist areas in order to identify and implement suitable solutions.
As some components of the original system are obsolete, the construction of a landing gear demonstrator was defined as the first milestone – in order to test and ensure functionality in advance.
Even in this initial project phase, cideon engineering was able to apply expert knowledge from the mechanics was able to contribute:
- Support in the production of the prototype chassis and cabin suspension
- Checking the completeness of the production documents
- Supplier coordination / obtaining offers for critical assemblies
- Investigations into braking technology, compressed air and emergency release system
- Carrying out the design engineering work using Inventor
The prototype chassis was assembled by ISAP Industrieservice Altmann & Partner in Görlitz. In parallel, cideon engineering has already developed the functional vehicle concept for the landing gear demonstrator:
- Electrical conception
- Creation of circuit diagram by means of EPLAN P8
- Component selection and planning of control cabinet design and procurement of components
- Assembly/electrical installation of switch cabinet and chassis
- Concept and programming of the HMI using the Selectron toolchain
- Concept and programming of the control system using the Selectron toolchain
- Testing, verification and validation of the overall chassis demonstrator system
We look forward to continuing our cooperation and will report on the realization of further milestones and the development of this project.